Monday, October 21, 2013

Busy Family

It has been a few weeks since my last post.  A LOT has happened, so I will try to catch you up!

I saw my 18 month mark and Matthew's 6th birthday in September!  I thought my parents were going to have heart attacks at our age, but they are just going to have to get over it!  I am getting bigger and bigger and growing quickly out of my old clothes.  I am fitting nicely, not too much room to spare) into 3T clothes.  It is funny to get looks from strangers about how big I am as a "baby".  I think people expect me to do cartwheels because they think I am much older than I am.  Oh well...

So Matthew's birthday was wonderful.  He brought cupcakes to school, got a huge present (a weekend in Chicago), and a dinner to any restaurant he wanted!  Now I know history will judge me unfairly for my behavior at the restaurant, but let me be clear that I wasn't screaming on purpose.  I just didn't like sitting in the chair.  It is not like I ruined his birthday, not at all.  I just ruined my father's dinner because we had to go to the car and "talk about it".  I couldn't hear a thing he was saying over my screams.

We have bought a house!  Matthew and I love it so much.  Our favorite place right now is the basement, because we get to run around and play in the open spaces there.  We are not moving in right away, but we will be very very soon.  It will be sad to leave our apartment, but moving into a bigger place will be much better for everyone.  I can't wait to see how my mom tries to steer me away from the two sets of stairs!

I haven't had a good run on health these last few weeks.  I fought off a double ear infection and double sinus infection, just to have the double ear infection come back a week later!  I will admit that I have been seriously crabby, but the pain is too much to be happy about it.  Being crabby means:  I am clinging to my mother all the time, not sleeping well, not eating very much, a few throw ups due to crying fits, and pretty much zero patience.  But hey, what am I suppose to do!?

Other than being sick and watching boxes being packed up again, I am doing so pretty cool things.  I am saying more words each day.  I love to say "dada" in a deep voice and he will reply back to me "Colin" in that same deep scratchy voice.  Some new words are Uh Oh, a form of thank you, and Go.

My toys are becoming easy to me.  I can take and put back puzzle pieces, build blocks pretty high up, and push my tricycle around.  All I see each day is Matthew play, so I think it is time for me to do the same.  Oh and as a last minute addition to my new list of tricks, I can climb out of my crib at 4:00 AM!  Watch out!!!


This is pretty much what has been happening.  Next post won't take so long!

With Love,
Colin




No comments:

Post a Comment