Monday, September 2, 2013

Busy busy busy

We had an unbelievable visit with my grandparents a few weeks ago!  They came to Colorado and spent a lot of time with both Matthew and me!  We went to parks, walks, pools, restaurants, and the library!  It seemed as though we were always on the move and busy all the time.

I really loved having them at our apartment, because I got to play with them.  For some reason I found it interesting and later obsessive to hop over either my grandmother or grandfather's legs.  If they moved them while sitting I would be sure to place them back into position so I could play.  I do believe some bruises were leftover on those legs from my stepping and jumping.

I just love having them come visit and spend time with us!  Those two make me smile.

It is officially September and fall is coming, except for the 90 degree days we keep having here.  That is fine by me because that just means more hikes and bike rides!  The other day we rode (not so much me... I relaxed in the back of a trailer) 16 miles from one end of town to the other.  We packed a dinner and found a great spot to eat.  It was a great end of the weekend Sunday evening adventure!  It is small things like this that make Fort Collins so special.

Daycare is in full swing.  I really like place, adults and other kids.  From time to time I will lose it when my mom leaves in the morning and cling to her leg.  But I get over it quite quickly and run to my dad when he picks me up at the end of the day!  During the day we have art time, reading time, and lots of play time.  Most days I am dripping in sweat when I am picked up!  I am getting better at taking naps at the day care too.  I started the first week with only 45 - 60 minutes, but lately I am taking 2 hour naps and sleeping right through all the noise.  Matthew has given me practice at this!

This weekend is Labor Day and we have a jam packed weekend of activities and things to do.  We went to a Colorado Rockies game on Saturday, Sunday we are heading over to a friend's house for dinner and meeting new friends at a bowling alley on Monday!  We are thinking about heading up to Horsetooth Resevoir for a Labor Day morning hike!

I am really working on speaking these days.  I can clearly say Mama, Dada, a form of Matthew that comes out "Maaattteee", and now Gee Gee.  Everyone is surprised I don't call for my blanket because I love it so much or for milk/bottle because I love that so much too!  My parents try to teach me new words all the time, but I am just content to babble and have my own conversations.  In time I will speak their language and I think everyone is gearing up for me to talk quite a bit!!!

I will mention, but will not spend much time on "behavior".  So I throw a few objects when I want something else and sit in protest when I have walked enough, but I refuse to acknowledge any tantrums.  It is not like I lay on the ground or scream or cry or whine if I can do something I want... like opening cabinets, taking items out of the refrigerator, or getting up on the couch!  No... No acknowledgement here!

With Love,
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment