Sunday, February 3, 2013

Teeth and then a Poop


Another 2 teeth are coming in!  These big bad boys are bottom and towards the back and are called molars.  They are moving in slowly and painfully.  It is a good thing I have some medicine and my parents believe in "pumping formula" as a coping method!  I will sometimes chew on a frozen toy and they froze parts of a towel, but nothing really works for me too long.  So I just drool and complain and get lots and lots of sympathy!  If only I could score some of that ice cream Matthew gets!

I am starting to discover that my mouth is not just for housing my teeth, but also for making noises too.  I have been saying "Dada" a lot, screeching, but now I am really liking this babbling I can do.  It will come and go in waves, but if something catches my attention then I have to SAY something!  What I have noticed with this is if I "talk" then Matthew, my mom and dad talk too.  The sillies think I can understand them when they explain things like lights and shiny objects!  But I have decided that I am a talker, a real shocker if you know the rest of my family huh?

Just a few days ago I took my first step.  It was a quick shuffle and down I went to the floor, but over the last few nights we have been practicing and I am up to six steps at a time!  I am really proud of myself when I sit up after going to the floor and try to do it all over again.  My parents are super excited about it and they think it is a "bid deal".  I really hate how the clapping and yelling is so loud and I let them know it by crying and refusing to walk for a bit.  The celebration is just a bit too much for me and freaks me out.  I am sure I will get into it later, but for now low key celebrations are in order!

So it has taken 11 months, but for the very first time Matthew got a little jealous of me.  My parents have been taking pictures of me (teeth, babbling, and walking) and Matthew does not like to share the limelight!  He was upset at me (the nerve!!!) and my parents for taking so many pictures of just me.  I am pretty sure it was the "Matthew get out of the picture" that put him over the top.  Either way you look at it Matthew finally got a taste of what I have been feeling!  He really is a great older brother though!  He shares his toys, picks up my mess, is patient, and makes sure I am happy.  He really is a good guy!

Something happened the other day.  I am not proud that it happened and since we are being honest here, I will tell you.  I pooped on a museum floor.  It wasn't my fault nor will I accept any blame for the incident.  My mother, grandmother and Stacy were all minding our own business when Stacy picked me up and bounced me on her knee.  It should not have been a big deal, but the timing was bad along with the fact my diaper bunched and the next thing you know... there was a pile of poop on the floor.  Stacy was cute by asking around:  "what is that?", but the rest of all knew!  After a lengthy session with the clean up crew I was back out and ready to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

With Love,


Colin



PICTURES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment